Site Alert

WorkerWeb and ProviderWeb online claim filing are down for maintenance until Monday, October 27th. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Psychiatric conditions

Prior Authorization is required for all psychiatric care.

Is authorization required? How do I get authorization?


L&I (State fund):
Complete the preauthorization form.
    Note: Completing this form creates a high priority work item for the claim manager and gives them information they need to act on your request.

Or, contact the claims manager:
By phone: To get the claims manager’s phone number, call the Claim Information line (800-831-5227)

By secure email: If you are the attending physician, IME, or concurrent care provider, log into to the Claims & Account Center (CAC)

Contact the employer

Coverage and treatment information

L&I has prepared guidelines for the management of psychiatric conditions.

Note: Psychiatric evaluation and treatment services provided by social workers, and other master’s level counselors are not covered, even when delivered under the direct supervision of a clinical psychologist or a psychiatrist.

Billing and payment policies

 Related rules

End of main content, page footer follows.

Access Washington official state portal

© Washington State Dept. of Labor & Industries. Use of this site is subject to the laws of the state of Washington.