L&I News for Small Business - Archives
- October 2014 —
Workers' comp base rate increase proposal, Stay At Work, minimum wage to increase to $9.47 in 2014, avoid layoffs with Shared Work, Don't do this at work!, new chapter of Small Biz Guide makes hiring employees easier, free training from DOR to avoid tax problems, and new online tool helps employers manage workers' comp claim paperwork.
- August 2014 —
Biz Fair 2014, learn about the Claim-Free Discount, a uniform answer, a quick guide to regulatory requirements, the redesigned DOSH safety website, new safety videos, the new video guide to employer responsibilities, and the L&I calendar of upcoming training and workshops.
- March 2014 —
Washington's small business liaisons, learn how to save on your workers' comp bill, easier way to report your home office deduction.
- December 2013 — Special Edition.
- October 2013 — 2.7% rate increase proposed, minimum wage will be $9.32 in 2014, and fighting workers' comp fraud.
- July 2013 — Independent Contractor Guide, basic electrical requirements, and get help exporting your goods and services.
- April 2013 — New director, new return-to-work campaign, new credit card options, + do you need contractor registration?
- December 2012 — Protecting the good guys, going after the bad.
- September 2012 — L&I proposes no general increase in workers' comp rate for 2013.
- August 2012 — Changes at L&I to benefit customers.
- March 2012 — "Stay at Work" Program a win-win for employers and workers.
- December 2011 — Small businesses lead the way in online filing.
- December 2011 — Special Edition.
- September 2011 — L&I proposes lowest workers' comp rate increase in 5 years.
- August 2011 — Legislature passes new workers' comp reforms.