Falls cost. Safety pays. Choose to promote fall prevention on your job site during Safety Stand-Down weeks.
Free fall protection for your phone! Hold your Safety Stand-Down and fill out a quick survey to qualify.
What is a Safety Stand-Down?
It's when you take a break from normal work activities so your crew can focus on a particular jobsite safety topic, like training on safe use of ladders or inspection of full body harnesses.
Falls are the leading cause of death in construction, as you can see from this Washington State infographic (753 KB PDF) and brief video about the National 2016 Safety Stand-Down:
Get free phone lanyards!
- Host or attend a Safety Stand-Down event with your crew.
- Tell us about it by May 26 (www.surveygizmo.com).
- We'll enter your company name into a drawing*.
*Company names drawn at random will receive 1 lanyard per each Safety Stand-Down participant, up to a maximum of 20 per company.
Start now. Any construction business in Washington State can choose how to participate and what to address. You'll find plenty of ideas and ready-to-go resources on various topics.
Share your success stories!
Tell us about what worked for your company and print out a Certificate of Participation (200 KB DOCX) from L&I.
2017 Safety Stand-Down supporters
- BAI Environmental Services
- Big Rock Construction.
- Capstone Homes
- DLT Washington LLC
- Exxel Pacific General Contractors
- Harris Rebar Seattle, Inc.
- Hidden Rivers Irrigation & Landscaping
- High Mark Concrete Contractors
- Lake Stevens Sewer District
- Legacy Telecommunications, Inc.
- Lydig Construction
- Puget Sound Chapter of the National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA)
- Vital Mechanical Services, Inc
- Add my Company's Name.
- Adolfson & Peterson Construction
- Anderson Roofing, Inc.
- ARS/Rescue Rooter
- Associated General Contractors (AGC) *
- At Foam- Spray Foam Insulation
- Barber Drywall Inc
- Bernal Panting LLC
- Blue Mountain Electric, Inc.
- Bsv Costruction
- Burke Electric, Llc
- Burnett Painting Company
- Cannon Construction Inc
- CH Murphy/ Clark-Ullman Inc.CH Murphy/ Clark-Ullman Inc.
- Columbia River Steel & Construction
- Compass General Construction/ Compass Construction Management
- Dawson Construction *
- Dialect Remodeling Inc
- DKB Inc
- DLT Washington
- Drainage Systems Cleaning
- Eastside Corridor Constructors
- Enga Building Services
- Exxel Pacific, General Contractors
- Fencing & Awning, Inc
- Fields Roof Service Inc.
- G & D Developing, Inc.
- Gallardo Construction, LLC
- Gillespie Roofing, Inc.
- Global Division Inc.
- Harris Rebar-Columbia Basin, Inc.
- John Erwin Remodeling
- Kingsmen Contracting Inc.
- Legacy Telecommunications
- LKE Corporation
- Lydig Construction
- Market Contractors Ltd
- Max J. Kuney Construction
- Merit Construction Northwest
- Michels Corporation
- Mono Rooftop Solutions
- Mr Electric of Clark County
- Neil Kelly
- Olympia Master Builders
- OSHA Region X
- Petra Tile Art Llc
- Phoenix Industrial
- Pinnacle Roofing Professionals
- PowerTek Electric
- R Miller Construction Co.
- Red Hawk Fire Protection
- Riggins Construction LLC
- Rush Commercial Construction
- Spilker Masonry
- Start to Finish Painting Incorporated
- Synergy Welding Inc
- Thompson Bros Excavating
- University of Washington Environmental and Occupational Health
- Vegas Granite
- Wildwood Construction
End of main content, page footer follows.