Installation and Reinstallation Permits
Installation or reinstallation permits are required before any new or existing
boiler/unfired pressure vessel is installed, reinstalled, or moved in the state of Washington.
For examples on what types of boilers, pressure vessels, and water heaters are regulated by L&I, see our Boiler & Pressure Vessel Examples page. <link>
Installer Responsible for Permit Fee
A boiler and Pressure Vessel Installation or Reinstallation permit fee of $56.16 shall be paid by the installer (see WAC 296-104-700). If you have any questions, please call us at 360-902-6400.
What the boiler owner/user needs to do
- Fill out the Boiler/Pressure Vessel/Water Heater Installation or Reinstallation Permit form (F620-032-000).
Please read and follow the instructions carefully, any incomplete permit forms will be returned to the originator.
This fillable form allows the applicant to input information in all of the required fields, then save it to your computer in it's original format (Micosoft Word) and email it to L&I. As a secondary option, you may fax or mail it to the following address:
Dept of Labor & Industries
PO Box 44410
Olympia WA 98504-4410
- Post a copy of the permit on or very close to the boiler/pressure vessel.
What L&I will do
- Review the Boiler/Pressure Vessel/Water Heater Installation or Reinstallation Permit form to insure all information in the required fields has been completed.
- Within 24 hours after we receive the information listed above, Boiler program staff will review it and then
- Send it back if it contains errors that must be corrected, OR
- Give the permit a number and email, fax, or mail a copy back to the boiler owner/originator of the permit.
IMPORTANT: After we receive your permit application, we will assign an inspector, and send you the approved permit with your inspector's name and number. You may contact the inspector when you’re ready for inspection.