Important Information: New users must also submit an Application to Access Electronic Permits & Inspection System (EPIS) to receive access to EPIS through SAW.
Electrical inspectors will be in training on December 10 and 11. There will be no electrical inspections on those days. Because some inspectors will be travelling to training, there will be limited inspections in some areas on December 9. If you have questions or concerns, please contact your local inspection office for assistance. Thank you for allowing us the time to prepare our inspectors to better serve you.
Changes for EPIS, Changes to the inspection request process went into effect on 10/24/2013. To request an inspection you will be required to enter a comment on the request. The purpose is for you to provide inspectors with more information to get your inspection done.
How to request an L&I electrical inspection
If you obtained your permit from L&I:
If you obtained your permit from a city:
Contact them to request an inspection.
What you need to know about inspections
You must request inspection prior to covering any electrical work, no later than three business days after completing the work or one business day after any part of the installation has been energized, whichever occurs first. Failure to request an inspection may result in civil penalties. See Electrical Inspection Basics for more information.
We will strive to get to your inspection within 48 hours of the date of the request. However, due to staffing reductions,
it may take longer, especially if you are in a remote area.
Help us make the best use of our inspector's time and avoid penalty fees being assessed. Make sure we have the information to get the inspector to the jobsite and get the job done.
- When purchasing your permit, make sure you provide us with turn by turn directions to the jobsite from the nearest main crossroad to the job.
- Don't submit a request for inspection until the work is ready to be inspected.
- When requesting your inspection, give us any special instructions for building access.
- Our inspectors will not perform an inspection if there are unrestrained animals, or children under the age of 18, without an adult present.
- Requests can be made online 24 hours a day.
- Requests left on the request line after 4 p.m. will not be recorded until the following business day.
- If you have special arrangement requirements such as access to the site or building, you must provide that information when requesting your inspection.
- Enter the information in the comment box when requesting your inspection online. You will have a total of 255 characters (spaces) to record that information.
- If corrections are written you may need to request another inspection to verify work has been corrected and permit is completed.