If you want to challenge the results of an exam
- You need to review the exam results provided by the testing agency.
- You cannot see your exam.
- The exam results provide a list of code articles indicating the areas you got wrong on the test. You have to determine what questions you got wrong by reviewing
the code articles.
- You can only challenge the questions that you got wrong, not the
How to challenge exam results
All challenges must be made
in writing and received by the Chief Electrical Inspector no later
than twenty (20) days after the examination was taken.
- Send a letter requesting to challenge the exam results, along
with the challenge fee of $124.60 to:
L&I Electrical Program,
P.O. Box 44460, Olympia, Washington 98504-4460.
Put your contact information
in the letter, including a phone number.
- Allow a minimum of 2 weeks for a response.
- L&I will contact you to schedule an appointment.
Your appointment will
be at the Tumwater
- At the appointment, you will be asked to write a justification for
each question that you want to challenge.
- Allow a week for a response to your challenge, which may be in
writing or over the phone.
Your exam is changed
only if the challenge results in a passing score.
Candidates should review WAC
296-46B-960 (6) and (7) for complete information about challenging