Renew online here
How to renew your Telecommunications Administrators' certificate
A Telecommunications Administrator's certificate must be renewed every 2 years, on the holder's birthday. Continuing education courses (CEUs) are not required for a Telecommunications Administrator.
What you need to do
- Make sure you don't have any outstanding, unpaid citations with L&I.
- Download and complete the application.
- Be prepared to pay the renewal fee, if renewed before your expiration date. See the consequences of late renewal here.
Renew before your card expires
so you don't have to pay a late renewal fee.
If you are renewing after your expiration date and your renewal is not more than 90 days late
- If you pay before your expiration date:
- The online renewal fee is $87.50.
- If paying in person or by mail the renewal fee is $101.40.
- (You are responsible to ensure that the department receives your renewal before your expiration date.)
If your renewal is more than 90 days late
- The online renewal fee is $175.
- If paying in person or by mail the renewal fee is $202.90.
, you cannot
renew and must take the certification exam. Find out how to schedule your exam here
. (L&I approval is not required to take a Telecommunication Administrator exam.)
Fees are nonrefundable after certificate has been issued.
before the certificate has been issued must be made in writing to the department. Mail to the L&I Electrical Program, P.O. Box 44460, Olympia, Washington 98504-4460.
- If you wish to become assigned to an Telecommunications Contractor or change your assignment status,
- Submit your renewal request and fee one of the following 3 ways:
What L&I will do
- Verify that the following information is on file with the department:
All necessary application information.
- Within 5 days after we receive the information listed above, L&I will do one of the following:
- Send your certificate.
— OR —
- Notify you of the action taken on your application.