Apply for a Telecommunications Contractor license
Individuals or businesses working as a contractor in the electrical construction trade must have a valid Telecommunications Contractor license.
What you need to do
- Apply online and pay your fee of $306.10
($266.20 + $39.90) by credit card (VISA or MasterCard only). However, L&I will not issue the license until the original required documents listed below have been received. You will need the following:
- Your UBI number.
- Email address and phone number.
- Your credit card. (Visa, Master Card, Discover or American Express)
- Be prepared to mail or drop off at your local L&I office the required
documents described below.
Note: Fees are nonrefundable after license has been issued. Refund requests
must be made in writing to the department. Mail to the address listed below.
- Submit the following items together in a packet to L&I.
Department of Labor & Industries
P.O. Box 44460
Olympia, Washington 98504-4460
- You will also need an Industrial
Insurance Account, if you are going to hire employees.
What L&I will do
Verify that the following information is on file with the department:
- All necessary application information.
- Surety bond or assignment of savings account.
- A valid certificate of liability insurance.
- Notarized Change Assignment of Administrator/Master Certificate form.
We will notify you of the action taken on your application within 5 days after we receive the information listed above.