Food Trucks & Trailers

Inspection Only

Don't need to submit plans? You still need an inspection.
Food trucks need to be inspected to receive an L&I insignia. You need an inspection before starting your food truck business. Here's how:

First, fill out the application for food trucks and concession trailers not requiring plans (1.25 MB PDF). The form indicates you don't need a plan, but still need an inspection to obtain your food truck insignia.

Next, include a payment of $37.60 for the insignia. We will notify you to schedule an inspection (see below).

Mail the completed packet to:

Department of Labor & Industries
Factory Assembled Structures
7273 Linderson Way SW
PO Box 44430
Olympia WA 98504-4430

Or, go to your local L&I office. You can pay the fee by cash, check, money order, Visa, or Mastercard.

NOTE: It will take about 10 days for L&I to process your application. We will contact you to schedule an inspection.

Be ready for the inspection. Use this pre-inspection checklist (F622-072-000) to prepare for the inspection.

Remember: You will still be charged for an inspection even if your truck isnít ready. Additional fees will be charged if extra inspections are necessary.

Once your truck passes inspection, you will have completed L&I requirements for your food truck.


End of main content, page footer follows.

Access Washington official state portal

  © Washington State Dept. of Labor & Industries. Use of this site is subject to the laws of the state of Washington.

Help us improve