Mobile/Manufactured Homes

Installing or altering a mobile or manufactured home?

a manufacturered homeA manufactured home is a single-family dwelling built according to the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Manufactured Home Construction and Safety Standards Act, which is a national, preemptive building code.

a mobile home A mobile home is a factory-built dwelling built prior to June 15, 1976, to standards other than the HUD Code, that were acceptable under applicable state codes in effect at the time of construction or introduction of the home into the state. WAC 296-150M.

Permits Fees & Inspections

Get information about getting an alteration permit and inspection on a mobile/ manufactured home.

Factory-Assembled Structures Advisory Board

Factory-Assembled Structures Advisory Board Members, Meeting Minutes and Agendas

Back to top

End of main content, page footer follows.

Access Washington official state portal

© Washington State Dept. of Labor & Industries. Use of this site is subject to the laws of the state of Washington.