Final Paycheck

What are the rules about getting a final paycheck?

Expand/collapse all

The first thing the worker should do is ask the business why the paycheck hasn't been paid. If the business refuses to release the check, the worker may choose one of the following three options:

  • Obtain the services of a private attorney.
  • File a claim in small claims court (for up to $4,000).
  • File a wage complaint with L&I.

The wage complaint form is available at any of L&I's 20 statewide offices, or it can be downloaded here: Worker Rights Complaint (F700-148-000) form. Read the information provided with the form, fill it out and return it to L&I. Get more information about Filing a Workplace Rights Complaint with L&I here.

End of main content, page footer follows.

Access Washington official state portal

  © Washington State Dept. of Labor & Industries. Use of this site is subject to the laws of the state of Washington.

Help us improve