Check the Status of My Claim

Know how to check the status of your claim

We know that as an injured worker you probably want to check on the progress of your claim as decisions about eligibility and benefits are made.

Note that online claim files for self-insured employers have limited information available including:

  • Documents received by L&I.
  • Contact information for your employer and your L&I claim manager.

Contact your self-insured employer for a complete copy of your file.

Find out if you work for a self-insured employer. About a third of all Washington employees do.

Questions workers have

How can I get claim information over the phone?
  • Call 800-831-5227 for a fast, automated update on the status of your claim in English or Spanish (en Español).
  • Call 800-547-8367 for a customer service representative. Spanish (en Español) speaking staff or translation service available.
  • Call 360-902-5797 for hearing/speech impaired TDD service.
  • For self-insured claims, contact your self-insured employer or their claim representative. If you disagree with how your self-insured employer or their representative is managing your claim, contact Self-Insurance at L&I.
May I call my claim manager?

Your claim manager's phone number is located on all correspondence. You may also contact your local L&I office and ask for a "48-hour phone referral." Your claim manager should call you within 48 hours.

For self-insured claims management questions, contact your employer or their claim representative.

How do I authorize someone else to access my claim information?
  • Complete the Authorization to Release Claim Information form (F101‑010‑000), sign it, and mail to your claim manager.
  • Give an authorized delegate access to your claim information online. You may choose to authorize other people to have online access to your claim. These may include family members, union representatives or anyone you choose. These authorized delegates will need to complete their own registration for the Claim & Account Center as an Authorized Delegate and request access to your information. You will then be notified by email and you will need to log onto the Claim & Account Center and click on 'My Profile' to act on their request. They won't get access until you approve them.
Updating information: How do I let L&I know if my address, doctor or other information changes?

End of main content, page footer follows.

Access Washington official state portal

   © Washington State Dept. of Labor & Industries. Use of this site is subject to the laws of the state of Washington.

Help us improve