Apply for a Telecommunications Contractor License
Individuals or businesses working as a contractor in the electrical construction trade must have a valid Telecommunications Contractor license.
What you need to do
- Apply online and pay your fee of $319.20
($277.60 + $41.60) by credit card (VISA or MasterCard only). However, L&I will not issue the license until the original required documents listed below have been received. You will need the following:
- Your UBI number.
- Email address and phone number.
- Be prepared to mail or drop off at your local L&I office the required
documents described below.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit cards.
Note: We now accept E-Check, a one-time withdrawal from your checking account.
Note: Fees are nonrefundable after license has been issued. Refund requests
must be made in writing to L&I. Mail to the address listed below.
- Send the following items together in a packet to L&I.
Department of Labor & Industries
PO Box 44460
Olympia WA 98504-4460
- You will also need an Industrial
Insurance Account, if you are going to hire employees.
What L&I will do
We will verify that the following information is in our files:
- All necessary application information.
- Surety bond or assignment of savings account.
- A valid certificate of liability insurance.
- Notarized Change Assignment of Administrator/Master Certificate form.
We will notify you of the action taken on your application within 5 days after we receive the information listed above.