Manufactured or Mobile Homes Permits & Inspections

Is my home a manufactured or mobile home?

Use the information on our Find Labels page to verify if your home is a manufactured or mobile home that requires permits and inspections for alterations by L&I.

Are you remodeling or repairing your manufactured home? Depending on the work you are doing you may need a permit. Use the information on this page to help you determine if you need a permit, how to purchase one, and requesting an inspection for the work you have done.

If you are buying a permit for the first time or are unsure which permit to get:

Check to see if you need a permit

Simply checking the list of which alterations require permits could save you time and money. You may not need a permit for the type of work you're doing. Or, you may need a different kind of permit, especially if your project includes electrical work.

Find out about electrical permits

If the electrical work takes place outside your home, you need an electrical permit. If the electrical work takes place inside your home, you need a manufactured/mobile home permit.

Check plan submittal requirements before you buy a permit

Some alterations require you to submit plans for approval before you buy a permit.

Find out if your project needs to submit plans.

Learn about inspections if you refinance or sell your home

You might need a Homeowner Requested Inspection (HRI). An HRI is often needed to disclose unpermitted work before you refinance or sell your manufactured or mobile home.

Find out how much a permit and inspection will cost

View the current permit and inspection fees ( in the Washington Administrative Code.


  • Sign up or log on to My L&I.
    Buy permits and request inspections through My L&I so you can do the following:
    • Track account balances.
    • Review your L&I permits and inspection history.

Other Ways To Buy a Permit

Next, do the work.


End of main content, page footer follows.

Access Washington official state portal

   © Washington State Dept. of Labor & Industries. Use of this site is subject to the laws of the state of Washington.

Help us improve