About Intents & Affidavits

Common Questions About Filing Intents and Affidavits for Public Works Projects

Expand/collapse all

  • Expand/collapse What are the filing requirements?

    Public works contracts require that each contractor on the project file a Statement of Intent to Pay Prevailing Wages (Intent) and Affidavit of Wages Paid (Affidavit) form. The forms are filed with L&I and, once they are approved, are submitted by the contractor to the agency administering the contract.

  • Expand/collapse Is there a minimum contract amount?

    There is no minimum dollar contract amount. Intent and Affidavit forms are required for every public works contract regardless of the size of the contract.

  • Expand/collapse When do I file an Intent?

    The Intent form should be filed immediately after the contract is awarded and before work begins, if possible. The agency administering the contract may not make any payments until contractors have submitted an Intent form approved by the Industrial Statistician.

  • Expand/collapse When do I file an Affidavit?

    The Affidavit form is not filed until after all the work is completed. The agency administering the contract may not release final retainage until all contractors have submitted an Affidavit form approved by the industrial statistician.

For more details about filing requirements and awarding agency responsibilities, see these state laws (RCWs):


See the Washington State Prevailing Wage Law Booklet "Green Book" (F700-032-000).

End of main content, page footer follows.

Access Washington official state portal

   © Washington State Dept. of Labor & Industries. Use of this site is subject to the laws of the state of Washington.

Help us improve