File Intents & Affidavits

Expand/collapse all

  • Expand/collapse How do I file Intents and Affidavits?

    A contractor on a public works contract can file the Statement of Intent to Pay Prevailing Wages (Intent) and the Affidavit of Wages Paid (Affidavit) form either...

    • Online using the Prevailing Wage Intent & Affidavit (PWIA) system, or
    • By completing an original paper form. The paper Intent and Affidavit forms must be printed or completed and submitted with a check to the address found in the instructions (see Am I exempt from paying the Affidavit fee? below). Be sure to send us the original document as we will not accept faxed or copied forms. The instructions are included with the form. Download and print paper forms.

  • Expand/collapse How do I use the PWIA system?
  • Expand/collapse Do I need a Contractor Registration License to use the PWIA system?

    A contractor required to be registered under chapter 18.27 RCW ( will need this registration number when signing up for PWIA. Contractors performing work in the State of Washington will also need a Master Business License ( When you register to file online and list your contractor registration number, you will immediately receive an email message telling you what your status is and verifying the user name/login ID and password you submitted. A contractor who does not need to be registered under chapter 18.27 RCW can still use PWIA. They can register to file online as a non-contractor. The non-contractor alternate registration requires manual approval.

  • Expand/collapse What is the filing fee for each Intent and Affidavit?

    There is a $40 filing fee for intents and affidavits. Some affidavits are exempt from this fee. See Am I exempt from paying the Affidavit fee? below for more information.

  • Expand/collapse Am I exempt from paying the affidavit fee?

    An Affidavit filing fee exemption (per RCW 39.12.070(3) ( applies to contractors performing public works contracts under the following circumstances:

    • Sole owners and their spouses (owner operators).
    • Any partner who owns 30% or more of a partnership.
    • The President, V.P. and Treasurer of a corporation if each one owns 30% or more.
    • Contractors and subcontractors working under the federal Housing Act of 1937 exemption.
    • Contractors who have no eligible employees (usually because all work was subcontracted).
    • Any forms filed with a Total Dollar Contract amount below $750.

    This exemption does not apply to the filing fee for the Intent form.

    Contact us
    Phone: 360-902-5335 weekdays between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. (Pacific).


Print Step-By-Step Instructions for Filing with PWIA (2.3 MB PDF).


End of main content, page footer follows.

Access Washington official state portal

   © Washington State Dept. of Labor & Industries. Use of this site is subject to the laws of the state of Washington.

Help us improve