Please read this Access Agreement (“Agreement”) carefully before accessing Washington State Department of Labor & Industries (L&I) information through an L&I website or Web connection to data (the “Site”). This Agreement is entered into between L&I and any individual or entity who accesses or uses the Site (the "User" or "You"). As a condition to accessing the Site, the User agrees to be bound by the terms of this Agreement, the Intended Use/External Content Policy and L&I's Privacy and Security Statement. Use of or access to the Site shall constitute Your acceptance of and agreement to be bound by these terms. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms, do not access the Site.
The Site is provided without charge. It is a world wide website on the internet that is designed to create an online community of Users. It is owned and operated by L&I. It contains or may contain information, communications, opinions, text, graphics, links, electronic art, animations, audio, video, software, photos, music, sounds and other material and data (collectively, "Content") formatted, organized and collected in a variety of forms that are generally accessible to Users, including connections to data, databases, and interactive areas that may or may not be modified by Users.
Access to and Interacting With the Site
You are responsible for providing all hardware, software, telephone or other communications equipment and/or service to connect to the internet and access the Site and are responsible for all internet access charges, telephone charges, digital certification costs, or other fees or charges incurred in connecting to the internet and accessing or interacting with the Site.
L&I does not guarantee access to the Site or that the Site or any link will be uninterrupted or error free. The content within the Site may include technical or other inaccuracies or typographical errors. Under no circumstances shall L&I be liable to You for any decision made or action taken by You in reliance on the Content. Changes are periodically added; these changes will be incorporated in the Content. L&I may make changes in the Content at any time and from time to time.
We currently support the most recent versions of Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Safari. We also support the most recent versions of the default browsers on iOS and Android devices.
You agree to access and use the Site only for lawful purposes and employ reasonable security practices (changing protected passwords frequently, lock unattended terminals), as needed. You are solely responsible for the knowledge of and adherence to any and all laws, statutes, rules and regulations, pertaining to (i) Your use of the Site, including any interactive area, (ii) the use of any networks or other services connected to the Site, and (iii) the communications means by which You connect Your modem, computer, or other equipment to the Site.
By accessing the Site You agree that You will not:
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the interactive features as allowable under law.
- Post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, or indecent information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, national, or international law.
- Post or transmit any information, software, or other material which violates or infringes in the rights of others, including material which is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or which is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right, or derivative works with respect thereto, without first obtaining permission from the owner or right holder.
- Post or transmit any information, software or other material which contains a virus or other harmful component.
- Post or transmit or in any way exploit any information, software or other material for commercial purposes or which contains advertising.
- Alter, damage or delete any Content or other communications that is not Your own Content or to otherwise interfere with the ability of others to access the Site.
- Disrupt the normal flow of communication.
- Claim a relationship with or to speak for any business, association, institution or other organization for which You are not authorized to claim such a relationship.
- Violate any operating rule, policy or guideline of Your internet access provider or online service.
- Participate in the unauthorized use or disclosure by any party of any information accessed for any purpose, including but not limited to data considered by law as confidential (claim files and records, RCW 51.28.070).
- Claim illicit ownership rights to L&I applications, code, or structural framework of any L&I database accessed from the Site.
For more information and guidance about keeping data confidential, please refer to advice provided by:
Your only right with respect to dissatisfaction with any policies, guidelines, or practices of L&I in operating the Site is for You to discontinue accessing the Site. L&I may terminate or temporarily suspend Your access to Secure Services — online business transactions that have been encrypted or otherwise protected from unauthorized access — without notice, for conduct that the L&I believes is a violation of this Agreement or any L&I policies or guidelines (terminate access on inactive or closed accounts), or for other conduct which L&I believes, in its sole discretion, is harmful to L&I or other Users. L&I may discontinue operating the Site and/or terminate this Agreement without notice at any time for any reason in its sole discretion. In the event of termination, You are no longer authorized to access the Site, including the interactive areas, and the restrictions imposed on You with respect to Content from the Site, as well as the disclaimers and limitations of liabilities set forth in this Agreement, the Intended Use/External Content Policy and L&I’s Privacy and Security Statement, shall survive.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless L&I, its employees, and agents from any and all liabilities, claims and expenses, including reasonable attorneys fees, arising from breach of this Agreement, Your use or access of the Site or any internet site linked to or from the Site, or in connection with the transmission of any Content on the Site.
Credit Card Refunds
Refund requests for credit card transactions on this website must be made in writing to the department and may be subject to a refund processing fee. See individual business application for specific instructions.
This Agreement, the Intended Use/External Content Policy and L&I’s Privacy and Security Statement comprises the entire agreement between L&I and You, and supersedes any prior agreements with respect to the subject matter herein. L&I may revise this Agreement or any other policy at any time and from time to time, and such revision shall be effective immediately following the posting of such revision on the Site. You agree to review this Agreement, the Intended Use/External Content Policy and L&I’s Privacy and Security Statement, periodically to be aware of such revisions. If any such revision is unacceptable to You, You must discontinue accessing the Site. Your continued accessing and use of the Site following any such revision shall conclusively be deemed acceptance of all such revisions. The provisions of this Agreement shall survive the termination or expiration of this Agreement. If any provision of this Agreement or any other policy be held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed in accordance with applicable law as nearly as possible to reflect the original intention of the parties and the remaining portions will continue in full force and effect. L&I’s failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. This Agreement shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the state of Washington and the venue of any action brought hereunder shall be in the Superior Court for Thurston County. This Agreement is personal to You and You may not assign Your rights or obligations thereunder to anyone. A violations of any term by You may result in monetary, civil and/or criminal penalties.
Access to L&I Services in Your Preferred Language
Our staff can provide you with oral interpretation or written document translation services into non-English languages free of charge. Contact our Office of Information Assistance at 1-800-547-8367 during our business hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and speak to one of our representatives. See examples of information we can translate for you.
L&I's Accessibility Policy
Washington Department of Labor & Industries (L&I) is committed to providing to all individuals, disabled or not, access to and use of L&I’s information and data, unless providing access is not possible due to technical or legal limitations. L&I has adopted Washington State (OCIO) policy 188, and WCAG 2.0, level A and AA accessibility guidelines and standards for making our systems accessible.
Please contact us at AccessibilityCoordinator@Lni.wa.gov if you are experiencing difficulty accessing information on L&I's website, web applications, software systems, electronic documents, E-Learning, multimedia and programmable user interfaces. We will be glad to assist you in gaining access or providing an alternative format.
Please provide the following information:
- The nature of your accessibility needs
- The website, application, system, or electronic document you tried to access
- Your contact information
We will contact you and provide the information you sought.
If you want to make an Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) complaint, please call our Office of Civil Rights Hotline: 1-855-682-0778.
This Access Agreement last updated March 2022.