Can't Pay Your Workers’ Comp Premiums? L&I Can Help.
To help during hard times, L&I can work with financially distressed businesses impacted by the economy, natural disasters, or other serious problems to arrange a payment plan for workers' compensation premiums. Businesses that are impacted by the coronavirus outbreak and have not paid their most recent quarterly premiums should call L&I for help.
Who qualifies for the Employer Assistance Program?
Any business that has been financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic may qualify. Businesses can request their payment be deferred for up to 90 days or ask for a 90-day payment plan. Either way, the delayed payments will be penalty and interest free.
How does the Employer Assistance Program work?
- L&I waives late penalties and interest if qualifying businesses pay their premiums within 90 days. Penalties and interest may be applied for longer payment periods.
- In some cases, the payment plan can be renegotiated if a business goes deeper into financial distress.
How do I take advantage of the Employer Assistance Program?
To take advantage of the program:
- File your quarterly report no later than April 30; pay what you can at the time you file.
- Contact Collections Education & Outreach by email at DialerCollections@Lni.wa.gov. Include your L&I account ID in your request.
If you need additional assistance, contact:
- L&I Employer Services at 360-902-4817.
- L&I Small Business Liaison office at 1-800-987-0145 or SmallBusiness@Lni.wa.gov.