Activity coaching is a reactivation program to help a worker:
- Increase their quality of life.
- Resume activities that once gave their life a sense of meaning and purpose.
- Recover from an injury or illness.
- Return to work.
Activity coaches use the Progressive Goal Attainment Program (PGAP®) to help an individual regain control of their life and increase participation in daily activities.
- Meet in person or over the phone.
- Meet weekly for an hour for up to 10 weeks.
- Work with the individual on their personal goals.
- Help the individual transition back to work and/or return to meaningful activities.
Workers may benefit from this service when they:
- Have a longer than expected recovery time (more than 4 weeks after work injury).
- Have not improved with early interventions.
- Are not working or not working usual hours.
- Their schedule allows enough time to participate.
Steps to help a worker get activity coaching
Ask the attending provider to make a referral. You may use the Referral for Activity Coaching Program (F245-413-000) form.
- For workers covered under L&I, send referral directly to L&I
- Fax to 360-902-5035
- Call 360-902-5481
- For workers covered by a self-insured employer, send the referral directly to the employer or its representative
- Progressive Goal Attainment Program (PGAP®)
- Payment Policy: Evaluation and Management
- Payment Policy: Other Services
- Providers: Refer your patients to Activity Coaching to help them recover
- Workers: Activity coaching can help you get back to doing what you love
- Workers: Activity coaching can help you get back to doing what you love (Spanish)