Report Workers’ Compensation Discrimination
Do you believe your employer is discriminating against you because you were injured on the job?
If so, you have rights under Washington law:
Your employer may not discriminate or retaliate against you for:
- Filing a claim for a workplace injury.
- Saying that you plan to file a claim.
- Seeking workers’ compensation benefits.
What might be considered employer retaliation or discrimination after you have filed a workplace injury claim?
- Firing or laying you off.
- Demoting or assigning you to an undesirable shift.
- Denying you a promotion.
- Reducing your wages and/or benefits.
The law might not consider the above actions to be employer retaliation if you have:
- Not followed your employer’s policies.
- Numerous on-the-job injuries.
Questions: Call the Discrimination Unit 1-866-324-3310 or email: csiiidcomplaints@Lni.wa.gov