What do I do if I'm injured at work? Don’t delay.

Claims for injuries must be filed within 1 year of the accident.

Claims for occupational diseases must be filed within 2 years after receiving written notice from a health-care provider that the condition exists and may be work-related.

What do I do if I’m injured at work?

As an employee of a self-insured employer, you'll work directly with your employer or their third-party administrator (TPA) to file your claim. They will assist you as you recover from your injury or occupational disease.

More information to help you

Review A Guide to Workers’ Compensation Benefits for Employees of Self-Insured Employer (F207-085-000) for additional details about medical care, financial compensation, and vocational services that may be available to help with your recovery.

Your employer has the right to access your claim file, including mental health information. An employer can only reveal your mental health condition(s) or treatment to people who are authorized to access the information. If you believe your confidential mental health information has been shared with unauthorized people, please let us know at Lni.wa.gov/MentalHealthPrivacyWorkers.

Claim-specific questions:

Call 360-902-6901 and ask for the claim adjudicator assigned to the claim.

How do I file a self-insured claim?
  1. Report your injury or exposure to your employer as soon as possible.
  2. File a claim for benefits by submitting a completed Self-insurer Accident Report (SIF-2). The form is available from your employer.
  3. Have your medical provider submit a Provider Initial Report (PIR) with your employer or their third-party administrator.
  4. Stay in touch with your employer or their third-party administrator.
  5. Cooperate with all reasonable requests.
Find a doctor

You must receive treatment from a doctor who is part of the L&I network (even if your claim is self-insured).

To find a doctor that can support you with your workers’ compensation claim, use our Find a Doctor tool.

If you can’t find what you need, please contact us at FindaDoc@Lni.wa.gov or 1-800-LISTENS (1-800-547-8367).

Do not include your claim number.

Include your Zip Code and the type of provider you need (orthopedic, chiropractic, or other).