Who do I talk to about my claim?

Your employer or their third-party representative (TPA) is responsible for the management of your claim. They pay for all of the benefits related to your claim. They will be working with you to help you heal and return to work.

Contact information


Find your employer’s contact information on the list of self-insured employers.

Claim Manager

Your employer or their TPA will have a claim manager that is assigned to your claim. Ask your employer for your claim manager’s contact information.


If you disagree with an action taken by your employer, first contact your employer or their TPA. If you remain dissatisfied, you may contact us to request assistance at 360-902-6901.

You may write to L&I at:

Department of Labor & Industries
Self-Insurance Program
PO Box 44892
Olympia, WA 98504-4892

FAX: 360-902-6900

You can also file a dispute electronically at customer service portal. Log into My L&I if you would like to see information L&I has on your claim.


The Ombuds for Injured Workers of Self-Insured Employers serves as an independent advocate for the rights of self-insured workers.

The office, which operates independently of L&I, is available to answer questions about worker’s compensation, and explain your rights and responsibilities under the law.

The files and records of the Ombuds office are confidential. Information about your inquiry or complaint will not be disclosed without your authorization.

If you need help navigating the claims process:

If you need assistance, you can call Project HELP at 1-800-255-9752. They are a cooperative effort between L&I and the Washington State Labor Council (AFL-CIO), and can provide you with one-on-one counseling to help you navigate the claims process.

Project HELP staff can assist you with the claim process, but they are not attorneys and do not give legal advice.

If you need assistance with a self-insured claim, you can call The Office of the Ombuds for Injured Workers of Self-Insured Employers at 1-888-317-0493. The Office of the Ombuds advocates for the rights of injured workers of self-insured companies and can assist you with the claim process.

You may file a complaint in writing or by contacting the office by phone:

Office of the Ombuds for Self-Insured Workers
950 Broadway Suite 200
Tacoma, WA 98402

Phone: 1-888-317-0493
Email: SIOmbuds@Lni.wa.gov

Customer Service Portal

Your employer should be your first point of contact. However, if you have a problem that you have been unable to resolve, use our online system to report problems with time-loss compensation, medical care, and other issues.