Find L&I permit and inspection results: Look Up a Permit or Inspection or pay a fee due.
Information is not available for permits purchased before January 1, 2013.
- Search by permit number if you know it.
- No permit number? Start your search by selecting the site county and entering only the house number in the site address field. Too many results? Add site city name.
- Results displayed are for date range selected. When a search does not bring what you are looking for, adjust the date range. Date range must not exceed one year.
- Some cities and Tacoma Power issue permits and do their own inspections. If the jobsite is one of these jurisdictions, contact them for more information.
As inspectors upload inspection results, they are immediately available online.
While we make every effort to ensure the accuracy of this information, some records may not be accurate or up to date due to the progressive nature of construction projects. Anybody who relies solely on information obtained from this system does so at their own risk.
Verification of utility service approvals
Find inspection results by address at Look Up a Permit or Inspection. Compare those results with approvals posted at jobsite metering compartments.
At jobsites, we indicate service inspection approval by one of two methods:
- Orange service approval sticker and permit number outside of the compartment, or
- Permit number, date, and 5 character approval code inside or outside of the compartment.
Find an office location near you.