Currently, you can search permit and inspection information from January 1, 2013 to the current date. Dates are based on the purchase date of the permit.
- Search for public information about L&I electrical permits/inspections.
- Get secure information about your inspection, or pay additional fees.
- You will need your permit number and authorization code to access information, found on the 2nd page of the permit.
Cities that do their own inspections
Database updates and information accuracy
Information in the Look Up a Permit or Inspection application is updated in real time. When an inspector uploads inspection results, they are visible immediately.
While every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of this information, portions may not be accurate incorrect or not current due to the progressive nature of construction projects. Any person or entity who relies solely on information obtained from this system does so at their own risk.
We communicate inspection approval of utility services through notes in the permit record. In addition, at metering locations, we provide evidence of approval by one of the following means:
- Orange service approval sticker with permit number, or
- Permit number and 5 character approval code evident inside or outside of the meter compartment.
Find an office location near you.