As staff of the Department of Labor & Industries Elevator Section, we believe our customers have the right to:
- Be treated with courtesy and respect.
- Timely service when seeking service in person and by phone.
- Receive service from knowledgeable, competent and cooperative staff.
- Complete, accurate, reliable information and feedback.
- Consistent and fair application of codes, and rules.
- Request second opinions and to formally appeal staff decisions.
- Communicate their dissatisfaction about staff, L&I policies, procedures or requirements.
We also believe our customers have the responsibility to:
- Treat staff with courtesy and respect.
- Represent their projects accurately and honestly.
- Submit accurate, complete, and code-compliant plans at the beginning of the approval process.
- Inform staff of plan changes or project modifications in a timely manner.
- Obtain appropriate permits before they begin projects.
- Build their projects safely, according to approved plans and in compliance with codes and rules.
- Ask questions when they do not understand code requirements or staff communications.