Still used in the logging industry, these radio signaling devices require a permit for use in Washington state.

Who needs a permit?

Everyone who uses a radio signaling system in the logging industry in the state of Washington must have a permit issued by L&I.

How do I get a Radio Signaling permit?

To request an application for a permit:

How long does it take to get a permit?

Typically, it takes 1 business day.

What are the rules and requirements for these permits?

See "Safety Standards for Logging Operations: Radio Signaling Permits," WAC 296-54-604 through 607.

Where can I purchase or get service on a Talkie Tooter?

Rothenbuhler Engineering is the sole manufacturer of the Talkie Tooters. See their website for more information.