Updated: September 13, 2023
All Providers new to L&I must apply in ProviderOne.
The following tasks with L&I and self-insured employers are not changing:
- Prior authorizations
- Verifying claim status
Important! Electronic Fund Transfer/Direct Deposit did not move to ProviderOne.
If you don't add your EFT/Direct Deposit information, L&I payments will be mailed to the billing address we have on file.
You must update your banking information in ProviderOne to maintain, or switch to, Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) payments.
You may need to make additional changes (e.g. update location, ownership to submit the modification).
Step-by-step instructions can be found on our ProviderOne Guides and Resources website.
Healthcare providers need an NPI for L&I's transition to ProviderOne.
L&I is transitioning to ProviderOne, a new enrollment and credentialing system. To prepare for the transition, all healthcare providers who are HIPAA-covered entities (individuals or organizations) must obtain a National Provider Identifier (NPI).
|Individual (Entity Type 1)||Organizations (Entity Type 2)|
What happens if I don't obtain an NPI number?
Here's some important items for you to know, if you do not obtain an NPI number.
- We cannot migrate your provider account information to ProviderOne without an NPI number. We ask that you apply for your NPI number and inform us of it.
- If you currently receive EFT (Direct Deposit) payments from us, once migration has occurred you will receive a paper check in the mail.
- You will not be able to make any changes/updates to your provider account after migration, if you do not obtain an NPI number prior to this transition (individual providers or organizations).
- We will no longer accept paper applications or change forms.
Apply today for an NPI number!
Visit the National Plan & Provider Enumeration System (NPPES) to apply for a new individual or organization NPI number: https://nppes.cms.hhs.gov/#/. See the step-by-step application instructions in the resources section below. Once you obtain your NPI number, you will need to register it with L&I. You may email the following to: PACmail@Lni.wa.gov
- Full Name (listed on your license)
- Your L&I provider account number(s)
- Your individual or organizational NPI issued by NPPES.
- Step-by-Step Instructions: https://nppes.cms.hhs.gov/assets/How_to_apply_for_an_NPI_online.pdf
- NPI - What You Need To Know.pdf