The Orthopedic and Neurological Surgeon Quality Project is a pay-for-quality initiative designed to improve injured workers’ outcomes through access to high quality surgical care.
Participation in this project is currently restricted to orthopedic, neurologic, or plastic surgeons who perform hand surgery. At this time, we are only enrolling surgeons who practice within participating clinics.
Refer to our Project Manual to learn more.
Learn about the Surgical Quality Care Program (SQCP).
The Orthopedic and Neurological Surgeons Quality Project uses each of the following quality best practices:
- Complete Activity Prescription Form before and after surgery.
- Document and track rehabilitation plans and goals.
- Only write "dispense as written" prescriptions when formulary alternatives are unavailable or clinically inappropriate.
- Offer injured workers timely access to care.
- Offer injured workers timely surgery.
- Maintain and report continuing education units.
Ortho-Neuro surgeons participating in this project use the following codes and limits to bill for services provided:
Service: Quality indicator incentive pay
Description: Billed and payable when an Activity Prescription Form (APF) is also paid for the same date of service.
Maximum fee: Payment level based on assigned tier for each provider. Fees effective July 1, 2021.
- Tier 3: $117.89
- Tier 2: $88.40
- Tier 1: $58.95
- No Tier: $0
- Not Payable to PA-C or ARNP.
- Still payable during global surgery period.
Know the bill payment cutoff dates
Bills are processed every other Friday. See cutoff and payment dates. Payments are mailed during the week of the payment date (beginning on Tuesday).
Self-insured employers participation
The following self-insured employers are currently participating in the project*:
- City of Longview.
- City of Vancouver.
- Clark County.
- Clark County PUD #1.
- Cowlitz County.
- ESD 112.
- Great Western Malting.
- JH Kelly, LLC.
- Legacy Health System.
- PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center.
- RSG Forest Products.
- Vancouver Public School District #37.
- Wafer Tech.
- WinCo Holdings.
*Last updated June 29, 2020.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the APF and ROA can be completed and submitted through My L&I on the provider dashboard. In addition, both are also available as a Health Information Exchange (HIE) transactions.
Sign up for our updates through Gov Delivery.