Can You Spot The Hazards?
This month’s calendar photo focuses on hazards found in automotive repair shops. Auto shops are often busy, crowded places with plenty of opportunity to create or overlook multiple hazards. While good housekeeping can clear slip and trip hazards, it is vital to be aware of hazards that can seriously injure or kill a worker.
This photo has been staged to show a number of safety hazards and dangerous work habits. See how many you can find! The answer key can be found in the back pages of the calendar.
Resources To Help You:
- What’s Wrong with This Photo? (WorkSafeBC interactive link for this month’s photo)
- Automotive Maintenance and Repair industry page
- SAFEME-Automotive entry level training (SHIP Grant product; also available as a smartphone app)
- TIRES web site (SHARP; KeepTruckingSafe.org)
- Prevent Slips proper footwear simulator
- DOSH Consultation
How Can I Get A Calendar?
The 2022 Spot the Hazards calendar is now available!
- Order a copy from our warehouse (limited quantities available). Please be sure to include a valid mailing address.
- Get a copy from your local DOSH Compliance inspector or DOSH Consultant.
- If you’re attending an in-person conference or event and we’re there exhibiting, stop by our booth and pick one up.
- Download the 2022 Spot the Hazards calendar here.
Note: Calendars are not currently available for pick up from your local L&I office due to offices remaining closed to the public in accordance with COVID-19 rules. You can still call your local office for help in ordering a calendar.
How Are You Utilizing These Photos In Your Workplace?
Email us at EyeOnSafety@Lni.wa.gov or follow us on Facebook and Twitter and share how you’re using the photos in your workplace to engage your workers and bring about hazard awareness and injury/illness prevention. Use the hashtag #SpotTheHazards and tag @WorkSafeBC @LniWA on Twitter.
Now would be a perfect time to schedule a free confidential DOSH Consultation to assist you with your annual review/update of your company’s written safety and health programs, and perform a walk-through with you to find and fix hazards in your workplace. For more information, or to request their assistance visit www.Lni.wa.gov/DOSHConsultation.