This month’s calendar photo features storing of chemicals in an agricultural setting. A farm isn’t all green grass and idyllic pastures. Keeping barns free of clutter and storing away chemicals are just some of the ways to prevent potential hazards behind the scenes. This photo has been staged to show a number of safety hazards and dangerous work habits. See how many you can find! The answer key can be found in the back pages of the calendar.
Resources To Help You:
- What’s Wrong with This Photo? (WorkSafeBC interactive link for this month’s photo)
- Agriculture industry page
- Chemical Safety Basics
- Hazard Communication Pictogram (OSHA Quick Card)
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Pesticide Spray Tanks and Confined Space Danger (Hazard Alert)
- Peligros en tanques rociadores de pesticidas y espacios confinados (Alertas de peligro),
- WISHA 10 for Agriculture (free training for workers and trainers in English and Spanish)
- DOSH Consultation
How Can I Get A Calendar?
- Ask your local DOSH Compliance inspector, DOSH Consultant, or L&I Contractor Compliance inspector if they still have any available.
Note: Calendars are not currently available for pick up from your local L&I office due to offices remaining closed to the public in accordance with COVID-19 rules.
How Are You Utilizing These Photos In Your Workplace?
Email us at EyeOnSafety@Lni.wa.gov or follow us on Facebook and Twitter and share how you’re using the photos in your workplace to engage your workers and bring about hazard awareness and injury/illness prevention. Use the hashtag #SpotTheHazards and tag @WorkSafeBC @LniWA on Twitter.
Now would be a perfect time to schedule a free confidential DOSH Consultation to assist you with your annual review/update of your company’s written safety and health programs, and perform a walk-through with you to find and fix hazards in your workplace. For more information, or to request their assistance visit www.Lni.wa.gov/DOSHConsultation.