Hazardous drugs, assaults, traffic accidents, and domestic violence calls are some of the issues law enforcement officers respond to every day.
During incident responses, law enforcement officer are exposed to serious hazards:
- Airborne contaminants (drugs, such as fentanyl; lead emissions from firearms).
- Biological pathogens (from contaminated needles, blood, humane waste).
- Moving vehicles.
- Adverse driving conditions.
- Being struck by hostile individuals or weapons.
Videos, Training, and Prevention
- Core Rules(Chapter 296-800 WAC)
- Emergency Response (Chapter 296-824 WAC)
- Motor Vehicles (Chapter 296-865 WAC)
Enforcement Policies (when applicable)
- Bloodborne Pathogens for Law Enforcement video (English/Spanish)