The coronavirus disease outbreak (COVID-19) is impacting how we live and work in locations across Washington State.
Listed below is the guidance and resources for COVID-19 topics related to L&I.
Latest L&I News
- May 7, 2021: Emergency agriculture housing rules updated to reflect current COVID-19 conditions
- Jan. 27, 2021: COVID-19 safety violations result in large fine for Yakima area fruit company
- Dec. 21, 2020: Central WA farm receives one of the largest worker safety and health fines in state history
- Nov. 20, 2020: COVID-19 workplace safety violators cited and fined for mask violations
- Nov. 12, 2020: More than 20 farms in Washington cited for coronavirus violations since March
- Oct. 7, 2020: Businesses face fines for coronavirus mask violations, but most are complying
L&I Coronavirus Response Data
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) data dashboard (last updated: May 5, 2021): Coronavirus-related enforcement, inspections, consultations, and workers' compensation claims.
L&I Regional Offices
- L&I regional offices are closed to public visits until further notice. Offices can still help you by phone from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays (except state holidays). Use the phone number for your closest regional office, or you can call the Office of Information and Assistance at 360-902-5800.
Paid Sick Leave
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Vaccines and Paid Sick Leave Common Questions: Answers for employers and employees on using paid sick leave to receive a vaccine.
- Paid Sick Leave and Coronavirus (COVID-19) Common Questions: Answers for businesses and workers on using paid sick leave during the coronavirus outbreak.
- Paid Leave Under the Washington Family Care Act: Answers for workers on using paid leave covered under the Washington Family Care Act.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) scenarios and benefits flyer: A side-by-side comparison tool from the Washington State Employment Security Department (ESD) for workers and employers covering paid sick leave, unemployment insurance, paid family and medical leave, and industrial insurance (workers' comp).
- Workers' Compensation Coverage and Coronavirus (COVID-19) Common Questions: Answers for businesses, workers, and providers about workers' compensation coverage during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
- Self-Insurance and Coronavirus (COVID-19) Common Questions: Answers for self-insured businesses about workers' compensation coverage during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
- Common Questions About Coronavirus (COVID-19) From Businesses With Workers' Compensation Insurance Through L&I
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information for Health Care Providers
Workplace Safety and Health
- High-Risk Employees Frequently Asked Questions, Governor Inslee's Proclamation 20-46.3 (April 8, 2021)
- COVID-19 (Coronavirus) safety topic: Industry-specific resources from the L&I Division of Occupational Safety & Health (DOSH), including guidance for construction, grocery workers, and others.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Prevention: Summary of General Workplace Requirements (F414-167-000): This fact sheet helps Washington employers know what their requirements are regarding employee safety and health during the coronavirus outbreak.
- COVID-19 Workplace Safety and Health Requirements (F414-169-000)
- COVID-19 Prevention in the Workplace: L&I Safety and Health Requirements – Detailed (F414-164-000)
Masks, face coverings, and respiratory protection
- Which Mask for Which Task? (F414-168-000)
- Common questions and answers regarding worker face covering and mask requirements
- Mobile-friendly eTool Selection Guide for Face Coverings, Masks and Respirators
- Washington Coronavirus Hazard Considerations for Employers (except COVID-19 care in hospitals & clinics): Face coverings, masks, and respirator choices.
- Additional requirements to protect temporary worker housing occupants from coronavirus (COVID-19) exposure (F414-170-000)
- Preventing the spread of COVID-19 in Healthcare Workers and Patients (joint DOH and L&I Hazard Alert) - September 2020
- See more Industry-specific guidance.