The coronavirus disease outbreak (COVID-19) is impacting how we live and work in locations across Washington State.
Listed below is the guidance and resources for COVID-19 topics related to L&I.
Latest L&I News
- Sept. 17, 2020: L&I issues COVID-19 Hazard Alert on hospital worker safety
- Sept. 10, 2020: Farm worker housing emergency rule update increases worker protections
- Aug. 5, 2020: Eight Eastern Washington fitness centers cited for violating Safe Start order
- July 29, 2020: L&I extends relief again for employers struggling to pay workers' comp premiums due to pandemic
- July 16, 2020: Chelan waterpark ordered to close immediately for violating Safe Start order
- July 1, 2020: First employer cited for ignoring Safe Start order
- June 5, 2020: New workplace mask guidance helps determine "Which Mask for Which Task"
- May 26, 2020: Businesses ignoring pandemic closure orders can be cited and fined under emergency rules filed today
- May 13, 2020: Farmworker housing emergency rules increase worker safety during pandemic
L&I Coronavirus Response Data
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) data dashboard: Coronavirus-related enforcement, inspections, consultations, and workers' compensation claims.
L&I Regional Offices
- L&I regional offices are closed to public visits until further notice. Offices can still help you by phone from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays (except state holidays). Use the phone number for your closest regional office, or you can call the Office of Information and Assistance at 360-902-5800.
Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Sick Leave and Coronavirus (COVID-19) Common Questions: Answers for businesses and workers on using paid sick leave during the coronavirus outbreak.
- Paid Leave Under the Washington Family Care Act and the Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Answers for workers on using paid leave covered under the Washington Family Care Act and the Families First Coronavirus Response Act.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) scenarios and benefits flyer: A side-by-side comparison tool from the Washington State Employment Security Department (ESD) for workers and employers covering paid sick leave, unemployment insurance, paid family and medical leave, and industrial insurance (workers' comp).
- Workers' Compensation Coverage and Coronavirus (COVID-19) Common Questions: Answers for businesses, workers, and providers about workers' compensation coverage during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
- Self-Insurance and Coronavirus (COVID-19) Common Questions: Answers for self-insured businesses about workers' compensation coverage during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
- Common Questions About Coronavirus (COVID-19) From Businesses With Workers' Compensation Insurance Through L&I
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information for Health Care Providers
Workplace Safety and Health
- COVID-19 (Coronavirus) safety topic: Industry-specific resources from the L&I Division of Occupational Safety & Health (DOSH), including guidance for construction, grocery workers, and others.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Prevention: Summary of General Workplace Requirements (F414-167-000): This fact sheet helps Washington employers know what their requirements are regarding employee safety and health during the coronavirus outbreak.
- Which Mask for Which Task? (F414-168-000)
- Common questions and answers regarding worker face covering and mask requirements
- Mobile-friendly eTool Selection Guide for Face Coverings, Masks and Respirators
- Preventing the spread of COVID-19 in Healthcare Workers and Patients (joint DOH and L&I Hazard Alert) - September 2020
- Washington Coronavirus Hazard Considerations for Employers (except COVID-19 care in hospitals & clinics): Face coverings, masks, and respirator choices.
- COVID-19 Workplace Safety and Health Requirements (F414-169-000)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Prevention in Agriculture and Related Industries (F414-165-000)
- Additional requirements to protect temporary worker housing occupants from coronavirus (COVID-19) exposure (F414-170-000)
- Food Processing-Warehouse Coronavirus (COVID-19) Fact Sheet (F414-166-000)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Prevention: General Requirements and Prevention Ideas for Workplaces (F414-164-000)
- Workplace Safety Guidance for Workers and Businesses
- Ten Steps All Workplaces Can Take to Reduce the Risk of Exposure to Coronavirus (Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA))