The coronavirus disease outbreak (COVID-19) is impacting how we live and work in locations across Washington State.
Listed below is the guidance and resources for COVID-19 topics related to L&I.
Latest L&I News
- May 28, 2021: Emergency agriculture housing rules updated to reflect new masking and physical distancing guidance
- May 21, 2021: New state workplace masking guidelines help employers, workers adapt to new CDC recommendations
- May 7, 2021: Emergency agriculture housing rules updated to reflect current COVID-19 conditions
- Jan. 27, 2021: COVID-19 safety violations result in large fine for Yakima area fruit company
- Dec. 21, 2020: Central WA farm receives one of the largest worker safety and health fines in state history
- Nov. 20, 2020: COVID-19 workplace safety violators cited and fined for mask violations
- June 18, 2021: Questions and Answers: Protecting High-Risk Employees from Discrimination During Public Health Emergencies (F417-290-000)
- Oct. 7, 2020: State outreach team visits farms to make sure workers know their rights (en español)
L&I Coronavirus Response Data
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) data dashboard (last updated: June 10, 2021): Coronavirus-related enforcement, inspections, consultations, and workers' compensation claims.
L&I Regional Offices
- L&I regional offices are closed to public visits until further notice. Offices can still help you by phone from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays (except state holidays). Use the phone number for your closest regional office, or you can call the Office of Information and Assistance at 360-902-5800.
Paid Sick Leave
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Vaccines and Paid Sick Leave Common Questions: Answers for employers and employees on using paid sick leave to receive a vaccine.
- Paid Sick Leave and Coronavirus (COVID-19) Common Questions: Answers for businesses and workers on using paid sick leave during the coronavirus outbreak.
- Paid Leave Under the Washington Family Care Act: Answers for workers on using paid leave covered under the Washington Family Care Act.
- Presumptive Coverage for Health Care and Frontline Workers: Answers to questions about workers’ compensation coverage for health care and frontline workers during a public health emergency, such as the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
- Workers' Compensation Coverage and Coronavirus (COVID-19) Common Questions: Answers for businesses, workers, and providers about workers' compensation coverage during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
- Self-Insurance and Coronavirus (COVID-19) Common Questions: Answers for self-insured businesses about workers' compensation coverage during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
- Common Questions About Coronavirus (COVID-19) From Businesses With Workers' Compensation Insurance Through L&I
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information for Health Care Providers
Workplace Safety and Health
- High-Risk Employees Frequently Asked Questions, Governor Inslee's Proclamation 20-46.3 (April 8, 2021)
- COVID-19 (Coronavirus) safety topic: Industry-specific resources from the L&I Division of Occupational Safety & Health (DOSH), including guidance for construction, grocery workers, and others.
- COVID-19 Workplace Safety and Health Requirements (F414-169-000)
- COVID-19 Prevention in the Workplace: L&I Safety and Health Requirements – Detailed (F414-164-000)
Masks, face coverings, and respiratory protection
- Which Mask for Which Task? (F414-168-000)
- Common questions and answers regarding worker face covering and mask requirements
- Mobile-friendly eTool Selection Guide for Face Coverings, Masks and Respirators
- Washington Coronavirus Hazard Considerations for Employers (except COVID-19 care in hospitals & clinics): Face coverings, masks, and respirator choices.
- Preventing the spread of COVID-19 in Healthcare Workers and Patients (joint DOH and L&I Hazard Alert) - September 2020
- See more Industry-specific guidance.