Submit a report to L&I before beginning work
Reforestation contractors must fill out the Contract: Report By Contractor - Forest, Range & Timber Industry (F213‑011‑000) form before any work covered by the contract starts (including any additional awards to a written or verbal contract).
Report worker hours
Reforestation contractors must report worker hours for each individual contract with a timber landowner:
- Contracts under $10,000 are reported on the contractor's main account using the Reforestation Contract Supplemental Report - Forest, Range and Timber Industry (F213‑013‑000).
- Contracts over $10,000 are reported on a separate sub-account that is closed when the contract is completed.
The Reforestation Industry Continuation Sheet (Over $10,000) (F213‑015‑000) must be sent with each quarterly report.
When all hours have been reported for the contract, indicate that it is the final report.
Farm labor contractor licensing requirements
Some reforestation activities require a Farm Labor Contractor license.
My workers cut trees and clear brush to keep active fires from spreading. Should I get a farm labor contractor license?
No. If you are doing this type of work during an active fire, you are firefighting, which is not considered to be a farm labor contractor activity. A farm labor contractor license is not required.
What if my workers do this work to help prevent forest fires?
You must have a farm labor contractor license.
The risk of worker injury in reforestation occupations can be very high.
Contractors should create and maintain a safe work environment to prevent injuries.
Go to the Get Started With Safety & Health page for more information.
Submit a report to L&I before work begins
Once the contract is signed, the landowner must fill out the Contract: Report By Landowner - Forest, Range & Timber Industry (F213‑010‑000) form before any work covered by this contract starts (including any additional awards to a written or verbal contract).
Make sure the contractor's workers' compensation account is current
The landowner may be liable for their reforestation contractor's workers' compensation premiums if that contractor has unpaid premiums.
The landowner can check the status of the contractor's account using our Verify a Contractor tool or by contacting the reforestation account manager.
Forest landowner reporting responsibilities
Forest landowner responsibility for reporting is defined in WAC 296‑17‑35203(4)(i).
- WAC 296-17-35203 Special reporting instruction
- Contract: Report By Contractor - Forest, Range & Timber Industry
- Reforestation Contract Supplemental Report - Forest, Range and Timber Industry
- Reforestation Industry Continuation Sheet (Over $10,000)
- Contract: Report By Landowner - Forest, Range & Timber Industry