- Individual Retrospective Rating Plan Agreement (F250-003-000)
- Application for Group Retrospective Rating (F250-004-000)
- Application for Group Membership and Authorization for Release of Insurance Data (F250-016-000)
Español (Spanish) (F250-016-999)
- Retrospective Rating Adjustment Protest (F250-024-000)
- Is Retrospective Rating Right for You? (F250-006-000)
Español (Spanish) (F250-006-999)
- Group vs. Individual Retrospective Rating Participation (F225-016-000)
- Retrospective Rating Enrollment Decisions (F225-017-000)
- Keys to Retro Success (F225-018-000)
Español (Spanish) (F225-018-999)
- Evaluating Retro Groups (F225-019-000)
Español (Spanish) (F225-019-999)
- Retrospective Rating Business & Industry Category Guide (F250-025-000)
- Protesting Retro Adjustments (F250-027-000)
Data field definitions for reports:
- Data fields for the adjustment report
- Data fields for the monthly report
- Data fields for the quarterly report
- How to download and import your Retro data files (for new users)
For use with downloadable data files and electronic reports:
- Current Retro Premium Calculator - This premium calculator applies to coverage periods beginning October 2023 and later. This calculator assists in projecting future retro performance (though projections are not guaranteed). Please email us with any questions about this calculator.
- Retro Premium Calculator - This premium calculator is meant to be used only for coverage periods July 2017 through July 2023. Unlike the current premium calculator above, this calculator does not reflect subsequent changes to the Retro insurance tables and single loss limit program rules.
- Historical Retro Premium Calculator - This premium calculator is meant to be used only for coverage periods July 2014 through April 2017. Unlike the current premium calculator above, this calculator does not reflect subsequent changes to the Retro insurance tables and single loss limit program rules.
The rules governing Retrospective Rating can be found in the Washington Administrative Code (WAC):
- Chapter 296-17B: Retrospective rating for workers' compensation insurance.
- Section 296-17B-900: Retrospective rating plans standard premium size ranges.
- Section 296-17-901: Risk classification hazard grouping table.
2023 Rulemaking - Insurance Tables Updates
The Retrospective Rating Program (Retro) is undertaking rulemaking to update its insurance tables in accordance with WAC 296-17B-010. The intent of the insurance table review is to ensure fairness and equity in the distribution of retrospective rating adjustments. The last update to Retro’s insurance tables occurred in 2017.
The L&I actuaries have completed their review of the insurance tables which have subsequently been independently reviewed by an outside actuarial firm, Oliver Wyman.
This current rulemaking has an anticipated effective date of October 1, 2023.
- DRAFT Retro Premium Calculator
- Proposed Insurance Tables
- Proposed Hazard Group Indices
- Proposed Hazard Group Changes
- Proposed Impact Statistics
- Insurance Tables Study Information
Proposed Insurance Tables Testing:
Calendar of dates and deadlines affecting Retro participants
Significant dates and deadlines, as well as the schedule of Retro reports, can be found in our annual Retro dates and deadlines calendar.
Retrospective rating newsletter
Subscribers to the L&I Retro News mailing list will typically receive 6–8 messages a month, with news, updates, and information about issues affecting Retro participants. Sign up here to receive our email bulletins.