If you are injured while at work, you are entitled to accident and disability insurance coverage. This coverage is referred to as “workers’ compensation benefits” and is provided if your employer is insured through the State Fund at the Department of Labor & Industries (L&I), or if your employer is a self-insured employer.

Workers’ compensation benefits cover medical expenses from an on-the-job injury or occupational disease, and can pay a portion of your wages if you miss work due to this condition. L&I regulates self-insured employers. 

Review the self-insured employer list to confirm that your employer is self-insured.

If your employer is not on the list of self-insured employers, it means that the State Fund at L&I is responsible for the workers’ compensation benefits associated with your workplace injury. Learn more about filing a State Fund workers’ compensation claim with L&I State Fund.

A worker of a self-insured employer:

  • Has the same rights and responsibilities as other workers in Washington State.
  • Files a worker’s compensation claim directly with the employer instead of L&I.

Contact Us

Printable phone list for the Self-Insurance Program