As a vocational rehabilitation counselor (VRC), you can use the resources below to help your client recover and return to work.
- Job Accommodation Network
- Occupations in Demand
- WorkSource Washington
- Washington State Department of Social and Health Services, Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
Vocational Laws, Rules, and Policies
- Chapter 296-19A WAC: Vocational Rehabilitation
- Chapter 296-16 WAC: Employer-Worker Reemployment Incentives
- Chapter 296-16A WAC: Stay-at-Work Program
- Chapter 296-15 WAC: Workers' compensation self-insurance rules and regulations
Referral outcome codes
Review our vocational payment policies online at Billing & Payment Policies Chapter 30: Vocational Services.
Review our Claims policies online. To access them, follow the directions in Vocational Provider Access to the Claim and Account Knowledge Base.
After you log in to the Claim and Account Knowledge Base, you can search for policies and other related materials. Some policies VRCs may commonly refer to include:
- Policy 6.30 - Preferred Worker
- Interim Policy 6.49 - Retraining Plans and the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Interim Policy 6.50 - Determining the Validity of a Job Offered by the Employer of Record
- Policy 6.53 - Authorizing Board and Lodging for Vocational Retraining
- Policy 6.54 - Authorizing Transportation for Vocational Retraining
- Policy 6.70 - Authorizing Job Modifications
- Policy 6.71 - Authorizing Pre-Job Accommodations