Evaluation and analysis reports
L&I produces reports summarizing the performance of Retro participants, and the program as a whole. This includes:
- Net adjustment results for Retro groups in each coverage period.
- Quarterly report summaries of performance by groups currently enrolled in active coverage periods.
- Retrospective premium refund and assessment summaries for Retro groups and aggregate totals for individual (non-group) participants.
- Market share analysis reports that describe the percentage of employers in each industrial insurance risk classification enrolled in the Retro program.
Please see this important disclaimer regarding retro performance data and the reports provided here.
January coverage period
- Retrospective premium adjustment of October 27, 2021, for January 1 to December 31 coverage periods 2020, 2019, and 2018
April coverage period
- Retrospective premium adjustment of January 27, 2022, for April 1 through March 31 coverage periods 2020, 2019, and 2018
July coverage period
- Retrospective premium adjustment of April 26, 2022, for July 1 to June 30 coverage periods 2020, 2019, and 2018
October coverage period
Market Share Analysis
Although more than one-third of reported hours and almost half of workers’ comp insurance standard premium is currently subject to Retrospective Rating, there are still many opportunities for identifying and enrolling Retro candidates. Risk classifications with low “market share percentages” (the percentage of total worker hours reported by Retro employers) represent likely industries for marketing emphasis.
The reports linked below contain information on what portion of each of our 300+ risk classifications has already participated in Retrospective Rating. Retro groups might utilize this information to focus their marketing efforts on risk classifications where there is still a great deal of “non-Retro” employment.
- 2021 market share analysis report by premium
- 2020 market share analysis report by premium
- 2019 market share analysis report by premium
- 2018 market share analysis report by premium
- 2017 market share analysis report by premium
- 2016 market share analysis report by premium
Important disclaimer regarding financial information
These reports provide only a “snapshot” of how Retro participants are performing at a specific point in time. The information is subject to change and should only be referred to as an approximation.
The refund and related refund ratio shown for a sponsoring organization may differ from the amount of money returned to each member of that group. Some organizations have performance requirements that a participating member must meet to earn a refund. Also, some organizations may take a percentage of the refund as a service or administrative fee. You should contact the specific association to obtain information about their requirements.
The data shown in the reports are provided to serve as a performance gauge and a record of a group’s performance. If you are a member of an organization and have questions about your specific refund, please contact your sponsoring organization directly.
L&I does not determine or regulate how refunds are distributed to members of any group. See Retro program rules for further details.