The Retro Advisory Committee (RAC) provides input to L&I on the policy rules applicable to Retrospective Rating administration and procedures for effectively operating the Retrospective Rating Program. The members receive no compensation for their work. Motivation for participating in the committee stems from the desire to shape the Retrospective Rating systems policies in a fashion most beneficial to business. The committee operates in an advisory capacity only. Suggestions or actions of this committee are intended to keep the director of L&I informed as to the possible effects the Retrospective Rating policies will have on business.
Retro Advisory Committee By-laws, as amended July 8, 2003.
The by-laws contain the official name and purpose of the committee, terms and qualifications of membership, description of a quorum, and other details.
Handouts and minutes from previous meetings are available for download below; minutes are published after review and approval by the committee:
- February 23, 2023 quarterly meeting:
- December 1, 2022 quarterly meeting:
- September 29, 2022 quarterly meeting:
- May 19, 2022 quarterly meeting:
- February 10, 2022 quarterly meeting:
- October 1, 2021 quarterly meeting:
- May 21, 2021 quarterly meeting:
- February 25, 2021 quarterly meeting:
- December 17, 2020 quarterly meeting:
- August 27, 2020 quarterly meeting:
- May 21, 2020 quarterly meeting:
- February 20, 2020 quarterly meeting:
Please contact us to request these materials in alternate formats or languages.
- Lauren Gubbe, Associated General Contractors, 360-280-0135
- Victoria Montrose, Washington Hospitality Association, 360-956-7279
- Tim Lundin, Archbright, 206-664-7256
- Maria McClain, Association of Washington Business, 253-300-6446
- Rose Gundersen, Washington Retail Association, 360-200-6452
- Luis Sanchez, Grant County Public Utility District No. 2, 509-339-5364
- Tom Walrath, Jr., T.E. Walrath Trucking, Inc, 360-253-7499
- John Cichosz, DJ’s Electrical, 360-666-8070
- Jessica Nau, Department of Labor & Industries, committee chair, 360-902-5694
Last updated: May 2022
The committee meets “virtually” four times a year from 9:30 a.m. to noon (subject to change):
- February 23rd, 2023
- May 18th, 2023
- September 14th, 2023
- December 14th, 2023
Please contact us to confirm the date, time, and location of any specific meeting; you can also subscribe to our L&I Retro News mailing list for updates.