The Self-Insurance Program oversees training and certification of claim administrators. This training ensures that all claims are managed in compliance with Washington State industrial insurance laws, and that injured workers receive all of their entitled benefits.
The Self-Insurance Training Unit is responsible for the following:
- Providing training, including the annual Self-Insurance Update Training, along with training for internal Self-Insurance staff, external certified claims administrators, claims administrator trainees and others. Information regarding training is sent out through our email bulletins.
- The administration of the Claims Administrator Certification Test
- The claims administrator Continuing Education Program and Curriculum Advisory Committee.
- Creating and maintaining critical information used in the management of self-insured claims including the Claims Adjudication Guidelines (CAG) and the Claim Management Tools.
- Third-Party Administrator (TPA) licensing and license renewals for third-party administrators that manage self-insured claims.
For training questions please contact us using the Self-Insurance Trainer mailbox at SITrainerQuestions@lni.wa.gov.