COVID-19 Research and Resources
The COVID-19 pandemic impacts the safety and health of many workers. SHARP is conducting ongoing research and developing resources to keep workers safe.
SHARP COVID-19 Research
- Workers’ Compensation Claims for Exposure and Disease from COVID-19 (February 2021 Report)
- In partnership with the WA State Department of Health (DOH), SHARP has co-authored the report, Confirmed Cases by Occupation and Industry. This report summarizes all positive COVID-19 cases in the state by industry, occupation, race and ethnicity. The report and periodic updates can be found on the DOH’s coronavirus webpage.
SHARP COVID-19 Industry Resources
Workplace safety resources are listed below by industry.
Resources for the Janitorial and Trucking industries are listed on separate tabs.
- COVID-19 Crisis Strategy: Face Shield Assembly and Use
- COVID-19 Crisis Strategy: FFR Decontamination with Time
SHARP COVID-19 Resources for the Janitorial Industry
- Protect Yourself at Work: How to Clean and Disinfect for COVID-19 (Coronavirus) (English)
- How to wear and use a homemade mask (English)
- Do you know how to avoid COVID-19?(English)
- Protect yourself from COVID-19: Wash Your Hands! (English)
- Employers can help protect workers from COVID-19 (English) | Spanish
SHARP COVID-19 Resources for the Trucking Industry
- No Space? Cover Your Face
- Teaming Up Keeps COVID-19 Down
- Keeping Safe from COVID-19
- You Can't Touch This: How to Clean and Sanitize Surfaces
- Don’t Let a Cough or Sneeze Spread Disease
- Handwashing: Your Protection Against Infection
- Managing COVID-19’s Impacts on Driver Stress
- Social Distancing for Truck Drivers
- Novel Coronavirus Outbreak (COVID-19) Resources (L&I)
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) – Coronavirus Disease 2019
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) – COVID-19
- CPWR: The Center for Construction Research and Training – COVID-19 Resources
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) - Strategies to Optimize the Supply of PPE and Equipment